The Stephen J. Edmonds Learning Center at St. Vincent Pallotti High School enables students who have been diagnosed with mild to moderate Specific Learning Disabilities, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder or other related physical and/or emotional disabilities to access a rigorous college prep academic program while receiving appropriate accommodations and support. Students who are enrolled in the direct service program receive explicit instruction in executive function skills and test-taking strategies while receiving support and remediation in literacy and math skills. Additionally, both our direct and indirect service programs provide case management in the form of on-going communication with classroom teachers regarding the implementation of classroom and testing accommodations, progress monitoring and the development of self-advocacy skills.
Options for service:
Level I - Stephen J. Edmonds Learning Center-Direct Service
Students who are enrolled in the direct service program have one period in their daily
schedule allotted for explicit instruction in: executive function skills, test preparation,
self-advocacy skills, literacy skills and math/science skills in a small group setting. Each student receives an Individual Accommodation Plan based upon their needs as outlined in their qualifying evaluation/s. Additionally, students may receive subject-specific support in their general education classroom or during the period they have a subject in which they are struggling. Students and their parents receive case management in the form of on-going communication with classroom teachers, progress monitoring, and applications for accommodations on high stakes standardized testing.
- Level 1 (Direct) Service-Full Year $1900 annually
- Level 1 (Direct) Service-Semester 1 only $950
- Level 1 (Direct) Service-Semester 2 only $950
Level II - Stephen J. Edmonds Learning Center-Indirect Service
Students who are enrolled in the indirect service program may access the
Learning Center for specialized instruction and academic support during their
lunch period or during Pallotti’s Protected Hour after school. Each student receives an Individual Accommodation Plan based upon their needs as outlined in their qualifying evaluation/s. Students and their parents receive case management in the form of on-going communication with classroom teachers, progress monitoring, and applications for accommodations on high stakes standardized testing.
- Level 2 (Indirect) service $900 annually
Enrollment in the Learning Center program is through application to the Admissions Office. There is a fee for the program, depending upon the frequency with which a student receives service. Documentation of a qualifying disability is required for applications to be reviewed. Appropriate documentation includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Neuropsychological, Psychoeducational and/or Speech and Language evaluation and report completed within 3 years prior to application (Specific Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Receptive-Expressive Language Disorders)
- Current (within the calendar year) public school IEP or 504 plan
- Current (within the calendar year) ICEP or Accommodations Plan from private school program
- Documentation of medical diagnosis from a physician or psychiatrist within the last calendar year, to be updated yearly (ADHD, Other Health Impairment-OHI, Anxiety Disorders)
Students must be enrolled in the Learning Center program to receive instructional and testing accommodations even if they have a diagnosed disability.
To start the application process, go to our Apply page for more detailed information.