Our comprehensive counseling program includes such highlights as, college planning all four years, academic advising, schedule planning, annual parent information meetings by grade level, individual student appointments for each grade level, and classroom sessions on a variety of topics.
Our guidance services center around the Pallottine mission and the goals of St. Vincent Pallotti which include:
- To appreciate the Catholic faith and traditions and to transmit them to students.
- To create a community where all students can become all that God intends them to be.
- To preserve the commitment to intellectual values, academic excellence and physical well-being; and to assist each person in developing whatever gifts or talents he or she may possess.
- To encourage members of the school community to work for justice and peace.
- To affirm the dignity and self-worth of the students, faculty, and staff so as to create a learning environment that promotes quality relationships among all members.
These goals are the department’s guiding principles as we meet annually with each student to guide them through their academic, personal and social development.
Our college counselor works directly and exclusively with the students in all areas of college admissions during their junior and senior year in conjunction with the student's counselor.
Appointment can be scheduled individually by the student, parent, and/or teacher request.
WHY SHOULD I VISIT MY SCHOOL COUNSELOR?
- Adjustment to High School
- Academic Advising and Course Selection
- Schedule Change
- Difficulty with a class
- Help in getting more involved in the school community
- Advice if having difficulty making friends or getting along with others
- Help in communicating with your teachers
- Help in communicating with your parents
- Assistance dealing with personal issues
- College and Career Planning
- Sharing good news